Contact Tammy @ (586)610-9571 for more information
King Shepherd puppies are not only bred for their size, but more importantly their temperament and hardiness. Breeders are urged to keep their breeding programs focused on their best dogs, with the goal of producing an animal that is an improvement on the previous generation. All puppies are guaranteed.
Our puppies are the future of the breed and every Great Lakes King Shepherd puppy is guaranteed to be healthy physically and mentally. Puppies come in several colors such as black and tan, black and red, black and cream, various shades of sable and all black. There are also two coat types available, long and smooth.
Great Lakes King Shepherd puppies are raised in our home and are a part of our family. Each and every puppy is handled and socialized from the moment they are born. They are taught how to live with humans and other animals. The Puppies also are allowed to be part of our dog pack so they are socially healthy individuals in the doggie world. Several methods are employed to make sure your new puppy is as sound and healthy as possible.
Puppy prices can range from $2,000.00 to over $2,500.00, depending on the particular litter. Great Lakes King Shepherds will ship puppies for an additional cost, but we would much rather prospective buyers come to pick up their puppy. That way, we get to meet the potential new owners, and the potential new owners get to meet us and the sire and dam of their new puppy.
Great Lakes King Shepherds is an Active Supportive Member Breeder of the AKSC (American King Shepherd Club). We work closely with the AKSC Recommended Breeders along with other AKSC Active Supportive Member Breeders. We REQUIRE all potential King Puppy owners to fill out our Puppy Request Form & Puppy Questionnaire. We like to speak with potential owners to answer any questions one might have about the King Shepherd Breed, which is still being developed. In order for your name to be added to our current waiting list, we require a $300.00 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. Litters are planned and sold way before the litter is even whelped. Deposits are NOT refunded but are TRANSFERABLE to an equal or SUBSEQUENT Great Lakes King Shepherd Litter. FMI, please call Tammy (586) 610-9571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A KING SHEPHERD PUPPY IS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE RESEARCH THE BREED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISION AS TO WHETHER A KING SHEPHERD IS THE RIGHT BREED FOR YOU. IF YOU CHOOSE TO RESERVE A PUPPY, THE DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE, HOWEVER THE DEPOSIT IS TRANSFERABLE TO AN ADDITIONAL OR SUBSEQUENT LITTER.
A sound breeding program should be developed with mentors; those who have years of experience and extensive knowledge on the particular breed, behind them. A breeding program SHOULD NOT begin with minimal knowledge on the dogs, their background, and their conformation. Breeding is definitely not a "sport" that should be based on a whim.
Great Lakes King Shepherds cautions potential owners of King Shepherds from purchasing Kings from "so-called breeders" who
· are not American King Shepherd Club (AKSC) Recommended Breeders or AKSC Active Member Breeders
· are unethical breeders
· do not support the King Shepherd Breed or the American King Shepherd Club
· breed inferior specimens of the breed, i.e. faulty structure, head types and temperaments
· do not breed to improve the King Shepherd, breed just for profit
· breed two King Shepherds together just because they have access to two King Shepherds with no regard to type, temperament, soundness and size
· The Penn-Hip method is used to evaluate the hips of all current and potential breeding stock, as well as preliminary x-raying prior to breeding. Only those dogs with an acceptable rating are used in the breeding program. Breeders also stress the importance of a good diet, the correct vitamins and appropriate exercise to further insure the proper growth and the overall soundness of the developing puppy.
· Sound temperaments are the essence of the King Breed. King Shepherd breeders believe that the perfect dog must possess an impeccable temperament. In order to fulfill its' duties to be the ultimate family companion and protector, the King Shepherd puppy must foremost come from stable parents, and also be intelligent, fearless, inquisitive and willing to please. With these traits, the puppy will develop into a cherished member of any household.
· Last but not least is size. Although larger size is desirable, this factor should not take away from the overall soundness and functionality of the animal. The average height for a full grown male King Shepherd is 30"; with a weight of 140lbs. Females are slightly smaller in height and weight.
Thank you for your interest in a Great Lakes King Shepherd Puppy. Please feel free to call if you have any questions regarding our "Up Coming" litter, our dogs, or any other information you may need (586) 610-9571.
Puppy Request Form
Puppy Questionairre Form